5 Questions for Bedtime
From The Navigators
1) Did I preach the gospel to myself? We tend to think of sharing the gospel as something we do with other people who don’t believe. But, we need to remind ourselves of who we are in Christ. Preaching the gospel to ourselves will impact everything we do. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
2) Did I make time to read my Bible and apply it? Did I spend time reading the Bible, thinking about what it said, and praying about how to do what it said? (Colossians 3:16)
3) Did my words encourage anyone today? It’s easy for us to complain about others or criticize them. But a simple word of encouragement can be extremely powerful. (Proverbs 12:18)
4) Did I pray for the needs of anyone else today? We often tell others that we’ll pray for them and then forget to follow through. Or sometimes we observe a need and simply feel badly for them. But “the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective”. (James 5:16)
5) Did I take a natural opportunity to identify with Jesus today? We may not always have the chance to fully explain the Gospel to others. But, sometimes there are natural opportunities to identify ourselves with Jesus that can lead to in-depth conversations at a later time. (Romans 1:16).