Foundations: Part 5: August 17, 2014
Thoughts on Thinking
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2
The Significance of Thought
-What we allow into our minds has a huge impact on us and eventually becomes the building blocks of our thoughts.
– Those men who are enemies of God are characterized by having their minds consumed with the things of the world rather than characterized by the things of God.
– At the end of the day does your mind rest in the great and precious promises of Scripture or does your mind return to a self-centered mode of thinking that Satan has successfully cluttered with “stuff”?
– We want to people a people who are set apart for the glory of God. But, we cannot exercise discernment and wisdom if we never reset our minds with the Word of God.
3 Practical Ways to Help “Renew” Your Mind
1) Spend time in the Word before you go to bed.
2) Memorize Scripture.
3) Be selective in the music you listen to and how often you listen.