Foundations: Part 4: August 10, 2014
The Only Firm Foundation
“Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.” Ephesians 2:19-20
1 CORINTHIANS 3:10-11
-We cannot build on any foundation other than Christ and still expect our work to be sustainable.
– We must build exclusively on the unchangeable foundation of Christ.
-Because of the gospel, we no longer have to be aliens or foreigners.
-Because of the gospel, we can build on the foundation of Christ as “members of God’s household”.
When the church is founded on Christ:
1) The church is solid (verse 21, “joined together”)
2) The church grows (verse 22, “rises” “being built”)
*How do we ensure that Christ is the foundation of Hood Canal Community Church?
1) We must discern God’s will
2) We must be a church that is committed to God’s Word and obeys what it says
3) We must trust Him