PAUL’S PARTING WORDS:
1) Avoid the foolish arguments
– A church’s health does not hinge on settling every matter of opinion.
– When we argue about secondary issues, what we’re actually doing is demoting the importance of the gospel.
2) Confront the divisive person (attempting reconciliation)
If you ever have to confront a divisive person:
1) Maintain an attitude of humility
2) Warn the divisive person
3) After attempts at reconciliation have been made, reject
the divisive person.
3) Focus on the Gospel
Teach people to do what is good.
…to love another
…to serve another
…to care more about the people than positions
…to love their neighbor enough to serve them
This is the gospel in action!